With respect to your personal information, Sotetsu Hotel Management CO.,LTD. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") strongly recognizes the importance thereof and complies with laws and regulations, etc. concerning the protection of personal information, and also strives for proper handling and management of personal information as follows in accordance with the "Sotetsu Group Policy for Protection of Personal Information" as well as the "Basic Rules for Information Management" established by the Company.
1. Regarding the Collection of Personal Information
The Company collects your personal information to the extent necessary for the fulfillment of the stated purpose of use. The Company will never collect any personal information through deception or other wrongful means.
2．Regarding the Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Except for cases otherwise set forth in laws and regulations or for purposes separately presented by the Company, the Company will never use your personal information for purposes other than those described below:
- Operations concerning accommodation for you;
- Confirmation of contents of, response to and/or notice concerning inquiries from you;
- Confirmation of contents of, response to and/or notice concerning a confirmation or other comment from you;
- Management of your usage history;
- Administration of a membership organization;
- Delivery of invitation letters, materials, complimentary tickets, etc.;
- Transmission of e-mail and delivery of direct mail;
- Use as statistical information to the extent no specific individual can be identified; and/or
- Other use relating to overall provision of services of the Company.
3．Regarding Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will never provide your personal information to any third party without obtaining your prior consent, except for in any of the following cases:
- Where the handling of such personal information is partly or in whole outsourced to the extent necessary for fulfillment of the purpose of use thereof;
- Where personal information is provided as a result of succession of business due to a merger or other cause; and/or
- In cases of the joint use of personal information and if the category of data, scope of user, purpose of use, and name of responsible party for the management of such data are notified to you in advance or are put in a readily accessible condition for you.
4．Regarding Management of Personal Information
The Company assigns an information management officer and a person in charge of information management, strives to maintain correct and up-to-date content with respect to personal information to the extent necessary for fulfillment of the purpose of use of such information, and also takes necessary and appropriate measures for the security management of personal information such as the prevention of leakage, loss or damage of personal information. In addition, the Company promptly disposes of any personal information that becomes unnecessary.
5．Regarding Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information
Except for cases otherwise set forth by law, if the Company receives a request from you for any of the following, the Company will promptly respond thereto in accordance with the rules of the Company after confirming your identity:
- Notification of the purpose of use of personal information;
- Disclosure of personal information;
- Correction, addition and/or deletion of content of personal information (* In the case of a request based on a reason that deems the content of personal information not to be true);
- Discontinuance of use or deletion of personal information (* In the case of a request based on the reason that personal information is handled or has been collected in violation of the terms of a law);
- Discontinuance of provision of personal information to a third party (* In the case of a request based on the reason that personal information is provided to a third party in violation of the terms of a law);
7．Reference Concerning Protection of Personal Information
Sotetsu Hotel Management CO.,LTD. Administration Department
Address：2-9-14 Kitasaiwai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-0004 Japan
Time：From 9:30 to 17:30 (except Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, the year-end and new year holidays)
Effective Date: December, 2017
This privacy statement applies to www.fresainn-hachijo.com owned and operated by Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kyoto-Hachijoguchi. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our web site: www.fresainn-hachijo.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We may amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: we use your personal information to complete and administer your online reservation.
- Customer service: we use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest reviews: we may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: we also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: there may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website.
- Legal purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we'll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What security procedures are put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control your personal information?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us to the email address stated below. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email to speed things along a bit.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Please email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kyoto-Hachijoguchi, 601-8003 Kyoto, Kyoto, Minami-ku Higashikujo Nishisannocho 11, Japan. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy statement, please send an email to email@example.com.