With respect to your personal information, Sotetsu Hotel Management Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") strongly recognizes the importance thereof and complies with laws and regulations, etc. concerning the protection of personal information, and also strives for proper handling and management of personal information as follows in accordance with the "Sotetsu Group Policy for Protection of Personal Information" as well as the "Basic Rules for Information Management" established by the Company.
1. Regarding the Collection of Personal Information
The Company collects your personal information to the extent necessary for the fulfillment of the stated purpose of use. The Company will never collect any personal information through deception or other wrongful means.
2．Regarding the Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Except for cases otherwise set forth in laws and regulations or for purposes separately presented by the Company, the Company will never use your personal information for purposes other than those described below:
- Operations concerning accommodation for you;
- Confirmation of contents of, response to and/or notice concerning inquiries from you;
- Confirmation of contents of, response to and/or notice concerning a confirmation or other comment from you;
- Management of your usage history;
- Administration of a membership organization;
- Delivery of invitation letters, materials, complimentary tickets, etc.;
- Transmission of e-mail and delivery of direct mail;
- Use as statistical information to the extent no specific individual can be identified; and/or
- Other use relating to overall provision of services of the Company.
3．Regarding Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will never provide your personal information to any third party without obtaining your prior consent, except for in any of the following cases:
- Where the handling of such personal information is partly or in whole outsourced to the extent necessary for fulfillment of the purpose of use thereof;
- Where personal information is provided as a result of succession of business due to a merger or other cause; and/or
- In cases of the joint use of personal information and if the category of data, scope of user, purpose of use, and name of responsible party for the management of such data are notified to you in advance or are put in a readily accessible condition for you.
4．Regarding Management of Personal Information
The Company assigns an information management officer and a person in charge of information management, strives to maintain correct and up-to-date content with respect to personal information to the extent necessary for fulfillment of the purpose of use of such information, and also takes necessary and appropriate measures for the security management of personal information such as the prevention of leakage, loss or damage of personal information. In addition, the Company promptly disposes of any personal information that becomes unnecessary.
5．Regarding Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information
Except for cases otherwise set forth by law, if the Company receives a request from you for any of the following, the Company will promptly respond thereto in accordance with the rules of the Company after confirming your identity:
- Notification of the purpose of use of personal information;
- Disclosure of personal information;
- Correction, addition and/or deletion of content of personal information (* In the case of a request based on a reason that deems the content of personal information not to be true);
- Discontinuance of use or deletion of personal information (* In the case of a request based on the reason that personal information is handled or has been collected in violation of the terms of a law);
- Discontinuance of provision of personal information to a third party (* In the case of a request based on the reason that personal information is provided to a third party in violation of the terms of a law);
7．Reference Concerning Protection of Personal Information
Sotetsu Hotel Management Co., Ltd. Administration Department
Address：2-9-14 Kitasaiwai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-0004 Japan
Time：From 9:30 to 17:30 (except Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, the year-end and new year holidays)
What is a cookie?
We try to give you an advanced and user-friendly website in accordance with your needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how you use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimise and improve our website, and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which webpages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of times you click on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity and the text you type while using our website. These analytic cookies may collect personal information.
How long do our cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans, depending on the purpose for which the cookie is used. The maximum lifespan we set on some is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want.
Do we use third-party cookies?
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. You can go to the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
What security procedures do we have in place to safeguard your personal information?
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any personal information given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
Access to Information
How can you control the personal information you have given to us?
You have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com. We kindly request you to please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email.
We ask you to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If the personal information we have about you is incorrect, out-of-date or not relevant anymore for the purposes collected, we will update or remove it at your request. We kindly request you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kyoto-Hachijoguchi controls the processing of personal information collected from the website and via the cookies. Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kyoto-Hachijoguchi at 601-8003 Kyoto, Kyoto, Minami-ku Higashikujo Nishisannocho 11, Japan. If you have any suggestions, requests or comments about privacy, personal information, cookies and how we handle personal information, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Booking.com: we have teamed up with Booking.com B.V., located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereafter Booking.com) to offer you our online reservation services. While we provide the content to this website and you make a reservation directly with us, the reservations are processed through Booking.com. The information you enter into this website will therefore also be shared with Booking.com. This may include personal information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests travelling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking. Booking.com will send you a confirmation email, a pre-arrival email and provide you with information about the area and the property. Booking.com will also provide you with international customer service 24/7 from its local offices in more than 20 languages. Sharing your details with Booking.com's global customer service staff allows them to respond when you need assistance.
Communication via Booking.com
Booking.com will offer you various means to communicate with us about your reservation through Booking.com. You can contact Booking.com with questions about your reservation via the My Booking Page, the Booking.com app, and via other channels that Booking.com may make available. Booking.com may access such communications and may use automated systems to review, scan, and analyze communications for security purposes; fraud prevention; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; investigations of potential misconduct; product development and improvement; research; customer engagement, including to provide you with information and offers that they believe may be of interest to you; and customer or technical support. They reserve the right to block the delivery of or review communications that they, in their sole discretion, believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, us, Booking.com, or others. Note, all communications sent or received using Booking.com communication tools will be received and stored by Booking.com.